The GeoTools team is happy to announce the release of version 12.0.
GeoTools now requires Java 7 and this is the first release tested with OpenJDK! Please ensure you are using JDK 1.7 or newer for GeoTools 12. Both Oracle Java 7 and OpenJDK 7 are supported, tested, release targets.
There are a number of new features in this release:
- circular strings are now supported in Oracle data stores, thanks to GeoSolutions.it for the work.
- The content datastore tutorial was updated by Jody and tested out by the FOSS4G workshop participants.
- GeoTools Filter interfaces have been simplified (cleaning up technical debt from GeoTools 2.3)
- The new wfs-ng datastore is now available as a drop in replacement for the old WFS datastore, The new store provides much better support for axis orders with servers that don't know what they are doing. In order to make wfs-ng a drop-in replacement (and respond to the same connection parameters) you are limited to only using one implementation of gt-wfs-ng or gt-wfs plugins in your application at a time.
- New advanced raster reprojection, a lot of work has been put into improving the raster reprojection story for glitches around the date line and polar regions. To enable these options use the following rendering hints:
This release is made in conjunction with GeoServer 2.6.0 and is available from the OSGeo maven repository.