This is a beta release made in conjunction with the GeoServer 2.3-beta1. This release is contains both new features and important simplifications to the GeoTools API:
- This release is feature complete and entering release candidate status next month. This represents an important policy shift to a time-boxed release model resulting in a new release every six months. This policy shift provides consistency and will assist in integration planning for the wider GeoTools community.
- Feature Collection Clean up: Has retired several methods from FeatureCollection that were only implemented for in memory feature collections. This work also included a review of all FeatureCollection implementation testing for consistency. Thanks to Jody Garnett and Andrea Aime for this work.
- The Vector Grid module has graduated from the "unsupported" staging area and is now included as an extension. Thanks to Micheal Bedward for championing this work.
- General support for complex features has been factored out into the gt-complex module for reuse.
- FeatureCollection, FeatureIteartor and FeatureReader are Java 7 ready with support for try-with-resource syntax.
- Partial 3D data support has been added with direct support for PostGIS, Oracle, and Property DataStore. Thanks to Andrea Aime for the initial implementation, with a followup NT LPE for Oracle support.
- Thanks to Niels Charlier for putting together ReferenceEnvelope3D allowing us to query three-dimensional datasets.
- WMS client support has greatly improved with WMS 1.3.0 now enabled by default during version negotiation.
- New OGC models have been added for WCS 2.0 and OWS 2.0 along with XML support.
- Updated to latest ImageIO-Ext 1.1.6 and JTS 1.13 release
Release notes for GeoTools 9.0 series:
The GeoTools Community